Sunday, 23 February 2014

A Tartan Treat

I am sure you know by now that if someone wants to send me something, I will only accept it if the item or shop is to my personal taste and more importantly something that you will be interested in. So when I was approached by DotComGiftShop I was delighted to see that they currently sell these darling duffel bags. I have been looking for a nice vintage one of these for ages. The problem I have with bags is that all my vintage ones are tiny, quite fragile mostly quite formal. I don't have any that I can sling over my shoulder to go for a walk to the shop, or take on holiday explorations. I am also fed up with using my precious vintage bags to death; with straps breaking and leather cracking. So, this beauty of a bag not only makes me feel like a 1960s schoolgirl, but it looks pretty cool and is practical too. Top marks!






It also comes in this lovely green and navy colour combination

Coat - Vintage 1960s Junior Coat - Beyond Retro about 5 years ago
Lipstick - Revlon, Red Lacquar 
Nail Varnish - Revlon Red

8 comments:

  1. Nice bag but I really like your coat.
    Sassy Sewing Bees https://facebook.com/sassysewingbees ❀

    ReplyDelete
  2. For me, this would be one of those items you pass over when browsing online but seeing you style it out, I'd totally want one. Looks great, and useful too. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Miss Jeni, you are so lovely! Your plaid coat is so pretty. Your hair and makeup are lovely today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tartan is a must for winter!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marvelous bag! I love that you partnered it with a tartan coat. The two different colour palettes, unified by red, play off one another spectacularly.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  6. I actually remember having one of these back in the day!!!!
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that outfit, it looks so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete