Sunday, 19 January 2014

Hairspiration

While searching online for some new hair inspiration, I stumbled across a picture of the beautiful Linda Manning. There isnt much information for her online, other than she was a country singer who was signed to Doke and Bulletin Records in the late 1950s. I love, love, love this hair look. Lots and lots of volume at the top, with some shorter layers around the face, and a very, very long ponytail. I decided to give it a go myself. I have a really good faux hair piece that I use quite often to create big updos, but I've never actually really worn it as a ponytail. But I have to say. I love it! What do you think? I tried smiling like her, but gave up because I can't smile naturally showing my teeth and felt stupid, so I chose to look moody (although I was happy inside!)


Linda Manning



13 comments:

  1. Gorgeous style! I often swoon over 60's country singers hair but have such thin hair don't think I could get that volume. I would love to see a tutorial if you feel like recreating the look. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glorious!! You are a mid-century maven!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous. Gorgeous. Gorgeous. That is all!x

    ReplyDelete
  4. It works beautifully, and really suits you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! You've recreated it perfectly and it really suits you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks lovely. I have similar length hair to you and would love to know how you style it (without the hair piece) and it looks so sleek - the minute I curl mine it goes SO wide! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my lord you're a genius! I cant believe how similar you got it to look. Awesome job. Love that Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ravishing! You have captured the hairstyle spirit of this era so incredibly well. Fantastic, atmospheric images, too, dear gal.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is a great hairstyle, I would never have known it was done using a hairpiece.

    ReplyDelete
  10. you look beautiful, even better than Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Heaven on High! You look amazing! I'm not even being nice; I'm just reporting the facts. Goodness, I can't get over how that came out.

    Also, I love the photographs themselves. They look pretty enough to hang on a wall.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you everyone! I'm going to try and get round to doing a hair tutorial soon! x

    ReplyDelete